The TWAS-TUBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowships are available to foreign scientists from developing countries who wish to pursue postdoctoral research in natural and related applied sciences in departments and laboratories of public and private universities in Turkey and research TÜBİTAK centers and institutes.
Summary of the Fully Funded TWAS-TUBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowships
|Minimum degree held||Ph.D.|
|Host Institute||Public and private universities in Turkey|
|Duration||From a minimum period of 6 months to a maximum period of 36 months|
|Opening date||15 September 2022|
|Closing date||15 November 2022|
Details of TWAS-TUBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowships in Turkey Without IELTS
- The TWAS-TUBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is available to faculties and institutes of public and private universities in Turkey for a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 36 months.
- Knowledge of English is required. However, if your means of education were in English, you do not need to submit TOEFL or IELTS certificates.
- To assist candidates in choosing a suitable host institution, a list of public and private universities in Turkey is available at the link: Turkey Universities
The following fields are eligible for Fully Funded TWAS-TUBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowships:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Structural, Cell. & Molecular Biology
- Biological Systems & Organisms
- Medical & Health Sciences, including Neurosciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Astronomy, Space & Earth Science
- Mathematical Sciences
- Computing and Information Technology.
Below are the benefits of the TWAS-TUBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowship Program:
- TWAS will provide travel assistance to and from Turkey to the researcher’s country of residence and cover visa costs.
- TÜBİTAK will pay monthly contributions in amounts determined by TÜBİTAK to cover accommodation and living expenses, as well as Turkish private health insurance premiums.
- Tuition, including tuition, registration, and research fees, must be waived or reimbursed by the host institution.
Eligibility Criteria for the TWAS-TUBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowships
To apply for Fully Funded TWAS-TUBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowships, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be 45 years of age or younger as of December 31 of the year of application.
- Have never received any funds from this program.
- Must be a permanent resident and national of a developing country.
- Applicants from countries with a development deficit (Science and Technology Lag, STLC) and women are particularly encouraged to apply. A list of STLCs can be found at https://twas.org/66-countries.
- Attention. Developing countries not on the list can also apply.
- Must not have a visa for temporary or permanent residence in Turkey or another developed country.
- Employed in a developing country (other than the host country) to carry out research assignments there.
- Ph.D. in natural and related applied sciences (any of the above fields).
- Applicants who have received a doctorate from a Turkish university must obtain an acceptance letter from a university other than the university where they received their doctorate and must conduct research under a supervisor other than their doctoral supervisor.
- Not to undertake any other duties for the duration of the Fellowship.
- Be financially responsible for accompanying family members.
- You must return to your home country after completing the scholarship.
The following documents are required to apply for Fully Funded TWAS-TUBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowships:
- An official acceptance letter from the relevant department, institution, or institute of a Turkish public or private university or from the TÜBİTAK Research Center and Institute. (Host Acceptance Letter_Template)
- Applicants must provide a supporting statement from the responsible officer/director of the applicant’s current employer in accordance with the TÜBİTAK format. The rationale must support the applicant’s request and demonstrate that, if approved, the leave will be granted. (Supporting statement from Employer_Template)
- Proof of English proficiency. If your mode of education was not in English: Submit evidence in English, such as a standardized test card (TOEFL or IELTS) or a university letter demonstrating language proficiency.
- If the medium of instruction is English, briefly describe what type of instruction was provided in English. If you have a high school, bachelor’s, or master’s degree, this statement must be signed and dated by the applicant.
- Submit the research proposal form in the format specified by TÜBİTAK (research proposal form template)
Note: The Letter of Acceptance must be sent to the selected host institution in Turkey, not to TÜBİTAK. Applications without pre-acceptance will not be considered for selection. The letter of acceptance must be signed by the highest authority of your chosen host institution. The largest number of academic advisers in Turkey is two.
How to Apply for TWAS-TUBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowships?
- Scholarship applications must be submitted online only through the TÜBİTAK online application system. To access the TÜBİTAK online application system, go to the following URL: http://e-bideb.tubitak.gov.tr/
- In order to submit the online application form to TÜBİTAK, the candidate must first create a CV on the platform in the TÜBİTAK Researcher Information System (ARBİS), which is available at: https://arbis.tubitak.gov.tr/home. jsf
- Information in the Researcher Information System (ARBIS) of researchers who wish to apply to the program and academic advisors in Turkey must be up-to-date before submitting online.
- Applicants must be aware that TÜBİTAK and TWAS will not accept applications submitted in any other way than through the online application form.
- No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Therefore, it is recommended to submit an electronic application as soon as possible.
The deadline to apply for Fully Funded TWAS-TUBITAK Postdoctoral Fellowships is 15 November 2022.