The Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF), based on a government mandate, is launching a new call for applications this year for its transitional measure “SNSF Swiss Postdoctoral Fellowships“. The grant includes a postdoctoral fellow’s salary as well as social security allowances and allowances for research and conference costs.
|Host Country||Mainly Switzerland|
|Host Institue||Any non-commercial research institution|
|Minimum degree required||Ph.D|
|Disciplines||All research disciplines and topics|
|Nationality||Any nationality including Switzerland|
|Experience||Fresh / no more than eight years of postdoctoral experience|
SNSF Swiss Postdoctoral Fellowships funding scheme will offer applicants with a PhD and no more than eight years of postdoctoral experience a position at a non-commercial research institution in Switzerland for 12-24 months.
With the Swiss Postdoctoral Fellowships, the SNSF covers the recipients’ salaries and social security costs. The average gross salary will be around CHF 105,000 per year at a working time quota of 100% (1 FTE).
In addition to the salary of the beneficiaries, project funds are also covered, including research costs directly related to the implementation of the project, and contributions to training and networking. Project funds may not exceed CHF 24,000 per two-year grant. If the duration of the SNSF Swiss Postdoctoral Fellowship is less than 2 years, the maximum amount will be proportionately less.
- At the time of the submission deadline, researchers must have a doctoral degree (Ph.D.) to be eligible as postdoctoral researchers.
- A medical degree will only be recognized if it corresponds to a scientific doctorate or a comparable academic degree (Ph.D., MD-PhD), or if the researcher can demonstrate that he has been appointed to a position that requires the equivalent of a doctorate.
- Candidates who defended their dissertation before the submission deadline but have not yet been formally awarded a doctoral degree will also be considered postdoctoral researchers and eligible.
- Researchers for the Swiss SNSF Postdoctoral Fellowship can be of any nationality (including Swiss) who:
- have not resided in Switzerland for more than 12 months during the 36 months immediately before the call deadline;
- have not carried out their main activity (work, study, etc.) in Switzerland for more than 12 months during the 36 months immediately before the call deadline. In the case of remote work carried out from another country for an employer based in Switzerland, the place of main activity is considered to be Switzerland.
- Applicants whose applications were rejected in the SNSF Swiss Postdoctoral Fellowships 2021 call may submit a revised application involving the same host institution if they have achieved a grade of at least 6.3 out of 9. The same regulation applies under Marie Skłodowska -Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships, where at least 70 is required % for the maximum score.
Documents Required for the Application
The following documents must be part of the application for SNSF Swiss Postdoctoral Fellowships and uploaded to the corresponding data
- Research intention: max. 10 pages, it is necessary to use the template in mySNF
- CV and significant scientific achievements: max. 4 pages
- List of research outputs
- Career plan: max. 1 page
- Copies of certificates/diplomas
- Confirmation from the host institution
- Letter of support from the supervisor
Note: All documents must be in English. The font must be Times New Roman, Arial, or similar in size
minimum 11, with single spacing and margins of 1.5 cm on the side and 1.5 cm on the bottom. The
documents must be submitted in PDF format.
List of Fully Funded Scholarships in Australia for All Students 2023-24
Wenner-Gren Postdoctoral Research Grant in USA
The deadline to apply for SNSF Swiss Postdoctoral Fellowships is 01.12.2022.
How to Apply for SNSF Swiss Postdoctoral Fellowships?
- You must submit your proposal to the SNSF via the mySNF electronic platform, for which you will need a mySNF user account.
- To create a new application, select the “Create a new application” option on the mySNF home page and go to the relevant funding scheme under Programs > EU Transitional Measures > SNSF Swiss postdoctoral fellowships.
- Data relating to the applicant and the application must enter mySNF in the input mask.