Fully funded scholarships in Turkey for Ph.D. students without IELTS are open now with the name TWAS-TUBITAK Postgraduate Scholarship Program. These scholarships are established by the Science, Technology and Research Council of Turkey (TÜBİTAK) and TWAS for foreign scientists from developing countries who wish to pursue research towards a Ph.D. in natural and related applied sciences at departments and laboratories of public and private universities in Turkey and TÜBİTAK research centers and institutes.
|Offer Level||Postgraduate (Ph.D.)|
|Minimum degree held||MSc|
|Host Institute||Public and private universities in Turkey|
|Duration||For a minimum period of 6 months to a maximum period of 12 months.|
|Opening date||15 September 2022|
|Closing date||15 November 2022|
Fully Funded Scholarships in Turkey Without IELTS for PhD Students
- Fully funded scholarships in Turkey are offered for a sandwich research stay for Ph.D. students from developing countries who are registered to study Ph.D. in their home country or another developing country (except Turkey).
- Applicants must have passed the Doctoral Eligibility Examination or be in an advanced stage of doctoral studies. In this context, they must submit a letter from their supervisor confirming their full involvement in the work of the laboratory for their doctoral dissertation. paper.
- The TWAS-TUBITAK Postgraduate Scholarship Program is available to faculties and institutes of public and private universities in Turkey for a minimum of 6 months and a maximum of 12 months.
- Knowledge of English is required. However, if your means of education were in English, you do not need to submit TOEFL or IELTS certificates.
- To assist candidates in choosing a suitable host institution, a list of public and private universities in Turkey is available at the link below:
- Turkey Universities
Financial Coverage of Fully funded scholarships in Turkey for Ph.D. students
- TWAS will provide travel support to and from the researcher’s country of residence to Turkey and cover visa costs.
- TÜBİTAK will pay monthly allowances in the amount determined by TÜBİTAK to cover accommodation and living expenses.
- In case of illnesses, TÜBİTAK will offer medical facilities available in Turkey for an amount specified by TÜBİTAK.
- Study fees, including tuition fees, registration and research costs, should be waived or covered by the host institutes.
Eligible Fields for TWAS-TUBITAK Postgraduate Fellowship Programme
The following fields are eligible TWAS-TUBITAK Postgraduate Fellowship Programme
- Agricultural Sciences
- Structural, Cell, and Molecular Biology
- Biological Systems and Organisms
- Medical and Health Sciences incl. Neurosciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Astronomy, Space, and Earth Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
Eligibility Criteria for Fully Funded Scholarships in Turkey
- Be permanent residents and nationals of a developing country.
- Candidates from Science and Technology Lagging Countries (STLC) and women are particularly encouraged to apply. A list of STLCs can be found at https://twas.org/66-countryries.
- Note Developing countries that are not on the list can also apply.
- Must not have any visa for temporary or permanent residence in Turkey or any developed country.
- Applicants already working in the host country (Turkey) are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in natural and related applied sciences (in one of the fields listed above).
- Maximum age of 35 years by December 31 of the year of application.
- Applicants who have received a doctorate from a Turkish university must obtain an acceptance letter from a university other than the university where they received their doctorate and must conduct research under a supervisor other than their doctoral supervisor.
- Should have been enrolled in a doctoral program at a university in the home country or another developing country.
- They must have successfully passed the doctoral qualifying examination or be in an advanced phase of doctoral research in the natural and related applied sciences (in the fields listed in the call).
- Not to undertake any other duties for the duration of the Fellowship.
- Be financially responsible for accompanying family members.
- I have never received any funds from this program.
- You must return to your home country after completing the scholarship.
- Applicants must confirm this criterion with an official certificate of registration and no objection (see the template that can be downloaded below or from the TÜBİTAK online application website). This document must be issued within three months before the application date and should also briefly indicate the schedule and planned research work; Registration and no objection Certificate_Template
- Provide an official letter of acceptance from an eligible department, institution or laboratory of a public or private university in Turkey or TÜBİTAK research centers and institutes. (Host Acceptance Letter_Template)
- *Note: The acceptance letter must be sent to the selected host institution in Turkey, NOT TÜBİTAK. Without pre-acceptance, the application will not be considered for selection. The acceptance letter must be signed by the highest authority of the chosen host institution. The maximum number of academic advisors in Turkey can be 2 (two).
- Proof of English proficiency. If your mode of education was not in English: Submit evidence in English, such as a standardized test card (TOEFL or IELTS) or a university letter demonstrating language proficiency.
- If the medium of instruction is English, briefly describe what type of instruction was provided in English. If you have a high school, bachelor’s, or master’s degree, this statement must be signed and dated by the applicant.
- Submit the research proposal form in the format specified by TÜBİTAK (research proposal form template)
How to apply for Fully Funded Scholarships in Turkey
- Applications for the TWAS-TUBITAK Postgraduate Scholarship Program must be submitted online through the TÜBİTAK Online Application System only. To access the TÜBİTAK online application system, go to the following URL: http://e-bideb.tubitak.gov.tr/
- In order to submit an online application to TÜBİTAK, candidates must first create a platform profile in the TÜBİTAK Researcher Information System (ARBİS), which is available at: https://arbis.tubitak.gov.tr/home.jsf
- Information in the Researcher Information System (ARBIS) of researchers who wish to apply to the program and academic advisors in Turkey must be up-to-date before submitting online.
- Applicants must be aware that TÜBİTAK and TWAS will not accept applications submitted in any other way than through the online application form.
- No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Therefore, it is recommended to submit an electronic application as soon as possible.