Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships are available to international tertiary students from eligible countries. These scholarships are funded by the New Zealand Government.
The Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships are intended to support the education of nationals from underdeveloped nations, empowering them to contribute to the development of their home countries through the dissemination of newly acquired information and skills.
|Host Country||Depends upon the course selected|
|Host Institute||Various Universities in New Zealand|
|Duration||Depends upon course selected|
|Opening date||February 1st, 2024|
|Closing Date||28th February, 2024|
Table of Contents
List of Eligible Countries
Students from the following countries can apply for Fully Funded Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships:
- Eligible Pacific countries:
- Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji (postgraduate only), Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu
- Kiribati, Niue, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
- Asian Countries:
- Cambodia, Indonesia, Jordan, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Viet Nam
- African Countries:
- Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Djibouti, Eswatini, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Caribbean Countries:
- Belize, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname.
- Latin America Countries:
- Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Venezuela
Fully Funded Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships Criteria
To apply for Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships, candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- You must be 18 years of age or older at the beginning of your scholarship program in order to apply for a Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship. The age range for applicants is unrestricted. However, applicants under 40 are given preference.
- If you are not offered and accept a Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship, do not apply for a student visa. As soon as a student accepts the scholarship, they have to go to the appropriate immigration website and begin the visa application process.
- The academic entrance standards and the English language proficiency requirements set out by each educational institution must be fulfilled by successful scholarship applicants.
- Applicants seeking PhD scholarships should start looking for and emailing qualified PhD supervisors at universities in New Zealand as early as possible.
- Only scholars who have been living in their home country for 2 years prior to applying for a scholarship are selected.
- Applicants for postgraduate scholarships and those who graduated from high school more than three years ago must have relevant work experience. Work experience must fulfill the following requirements and may be compensated, unpaid, or voluntary:
- a full year of job experience, defined as thirty hours or more each week, OR
- two years of experience working up to 29 hours a week as a part-time employee.
Eligible Study Subjects
Various subjects are eligible for Fully Funded Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships. The eligible subjects may vary from country to country. You can view here the list of eligible subjects. Eligible Subjects
Manaaki New Zealand Scholars are permitted to enroll at eleven authorized educational institutions, comprising three institutes of technology and eight universities.
- Auckland University of Technology
- Lincoln University
- Massey University
- University of Auckland
- University of Canterbury
- University of Otago
- University of Waikato
- Victoria University of Wellington
- Southern Institute of Technology
- Unitec Institute of Technology
- Wintec – Waikato Institute of Technology
Timeline for Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships
The Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships portal for tertiary education in 2024 will start on February 1st and close on February 28th.
How to Apply for Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships
- To find out if you are eligible to apply, complete the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships online eligibility test. You will receive an eligibility code (number) if the Online Eligibility Test determines that you are qualified.
- You can begin the process of registering for a Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship Account by clicking on the “register” button on the webpage if you meet the eligibility requirements.
- Between the opening and closing dates for your nation, use your Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship Account to access the Manaaki New Zealand Scholarship online application system at any time.
For more details and to apply for Fully Funded Manaaki New Zealand Scholarships, visit here.