The Eisenhower Scholarship is Gettysburg College’s most selective scholarship of $172,000 ($43,000 per year) for four years of full-time study. Awarded to the most successful applicants within a challenging curriculum who have demonstrated a high level of civic engagement at a local, national, and/or international level.
Table of Contents
Summary of Eisenhower Scholarship
|Scholarship Value||$172,000 ($43,000 per year)|
|Host Institute||Gettysburg College|
|First Deadline (Early Decision)||November 15|
|2nd Deadline (Regular Decision)||January 15|
|Course Level||4 Year Bachelor Program|
The Eisenhower Scholarship is designed to recognize outstanding incoming freshman applicants who are making a positive difference in their community.
Gettysburg College USA
Gettysburg College is a private liberal arts and sciences college in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania. Gettysburg College’s unique location is only 80 minutes from Washington, D.C. in a world-famous city known for key moments in American history. The 225-acre (91 ha) site was established in 1832 and is adjacent to the Gettysburg Battlefield. Gettysburg College has about 2,600 students, with roughly equal numbers of men and women. Gettysburg students come from 41 states, Washington, DC, and 39 countries. Wikipedia
Eisenhower Scholarship at Gettysburg College Requirements and Application Process
Complete and submit both the Common Application and the Eisenhower Scholarship Application by the following deadlines:
- Early Decision I: By November 15 (admission and scholarship notification by December 15)
- Early Action: By December 1 (admission and scholarship notification by February 1)
- Early Decision II: By January 15 (admission and scholarship notification by February 15)
- Regular decision: By January 15 (acceptance and scholarship notification by March 15)
- Students who apply through Early Decision and Early Action are given priority consideration.
- Students who do not receive an Eisenhower Scholarship will automatically be considered for the College’s four Academic Merit Scholarships as part of the admissions process.
Gettysburg College requires international applicants to submit English testing if English has not been the language of instruction in the classroom for at least 2 years or if English is not the first language.
For detailed information about Common Application, go here.
For Common Application, click to log in or create an account.
Gettysburg College Application (Regular Application)
Applying to Gettysburg College is the first step in joining a global community of changemakers and pioneers who are invested in helping you realize and reach your potential.
- There is no application fee for international students and no fee waiver is required.
- Requires international applicants to submit English proficiency testing if English has not been the language of instruction in the classroom for at least 2 years or if English is not the first language.
- Gettysburg College uses the Common Application and students are strongly encouraged to submit their applications online.
- All international applicants, regardless of their interest in being considered for financial aid, must submit the International Student Financial Statement available on the applicant portal by the application deadline for which they are applying.
- International applicants who wish to be considered for financial aid are required to submit an Application for International Student Financial Aid (Fillable PDF) by the application deadline they are applying for.
Apply for the Eisenhower Scholarship at Gettysburg College
Complete and submit both the Common Application and the Eisenhower Scholarship Application by the deadlines.
To apply for the Eisenhower Scholarship at Gettysburg College, click on the link below.