The DOST Scholarships are awarded to students with high talents in science and mathematics who are willing to pursue a career in science and technology.
Join the Facebook Group for more Scholarship, Fellowship, Internship, and career updates
The Department of Science and Technology (DOST for short; Filipino: Kagawaran ng Agham at Teknolohiya) is the executive department of the Philippine government responsible for coordinating science and technology-related projects in the Philippines and for formulating policies and projects in the Philippines. scientific and technical fields to support national development. Wikipedia
S&T Undergraduate Scholarships
The goal of the S&T Undergraduate Scholarship Program is to stimulate and encourage talented Filipino youth to pursue lifelong productive careers in science and technology and to ensure a steady and adequate supply of qualified S&T human resources that can guide the country to national progress.
Types of DOST Scholarship
The DOST Scholarship Program is an initiative that encourages young, talented, and skilled Filipinos to pursue careers in science and technology. The purpose of the scholarship is to enhance the number of experts in science and technology who can definitely contribute to the progress and development of the country. There are three types of DOST Scholarship:
- RA – 2067/DOST-SEI scholarship
- RA 7687
- RA 10612
RA – 2067/Merit/DOST-SEI scholarship
DOST-SEI Scholarship Program formerly known as NSDB/NSTA Scholarship falls under RA NO – 2067. This scholarship is given to students who have highly qualified education and are in the field of Science and Mathematics. DOST helps students who are willing to study science and technology courses.
Join USA and Canada Scholarships & Fellowships Facebook Group for more updates
Republic Act No. 7687, also known as the “Science and Technology Scholarship Act of 1994,” provides scholarships to talented and deserving students whose family socioeconomic status does not exceed specified cut-off values of certain indicators. Qualifiers must complete priority fields of study in basic sciences, engineering, other applied sciences, and teaching natural sciences and mathematics.
Republic Act 10612 – Allows in-country training for students who are willing to study. And who has good high skills in science and technical education:
- Students with a science education
- Students with a mathematical background
- Students with engineering
Republic Act No. 10612 aims to strengthen science and engineering education in the country by rapidly developing science, mathematics, and engineering graduates who will teach science and mathematics in high schools across the country.
Regular Academic Year
Following are the financial benefits of the DOST Scholarship
- Tuition school fees For Students: ₱40,000.00 / per year
- Book Allowance to Students: ₱10,000.00 / Per year
- Group Health and Accident Insurance Premium
- Monthly Living Allowance: ₱7,000.00 / Per month
- Thesis Allowance: ₱10,000.00
- Graduation Clothing Allowance: ₱1,000.00
- Transportation Allowance Given (for those Students who are studying outside of their Own Country) 1 economy class roundtrip fare will give by the Scholarship Holder
Tuition Fee & other school fees: ₱1,500.00
Book Allowance: ₱500.00 (to be submitted as Official Receipt)
Monthly Living Allowance: Given ₱7,000.00 / per month for two months
Qualifiers who take advantage of the scholarships will have benefits for a minimum of two years, including a tuition subsidy; monthly stipend; learning materials and/or connection allowance; and others, starting with the first semester of the 2022-2023 academic year.
Who Can Apply?
You can apply for DOST Scholarship if you:
- are a natural-born citizen of the Philippines;
- are a 12th grade graduate;
- have academic standing in grades 9, 10, and 11;
- have not earned any post-secondary credits;
- have good moral character and good health;
- have previously passed the DOST scholarship exam but did not qualify for the program; and
- have previously passed the DOST scholarship exam and qualified for the program but have not availed of the scholarship.
- belongs to the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) class;
Note: There are non-STEM students who are in the top 5 percent of their graduating class;
Who can not Apply?
The following candidates are disqualified from the scholarship:
- have previously passed the DOST-SEI scholarship exam.
- have applied for immigrant status in the US or abroad.
- If you have earned units at a post-secondary or post-secondary post.
Required Documents for DOST Scholarship
Be sure to prepare the following documents before submitting your application for the DOST Scholarship Program:
- Birth certificate;
- Recent passport size picture (1.8 x 1.4 inches / 4.5 x 3.5 cm);
- certified copy of the student’s permanent enrollment (form 137) for years 9, 10, and 11;
- Director’s Certificate;
- certificate of good moral character;
- certificate of good health;
- Residence certificate;
- A parental certificate stating that the applicant has no pending immigration application to another country;
- Applicant’s certification stating that you were not a DOST scholar prior to submitting this application;
- Signed statement by applicant and parent/guardian; and
- Parental / Guardian’s Income Tax Return / BIR Form 1701 / Certificate of Exemption from ITR Filing / Certificate of Employment with Compensation / Certificate of Indigent / Proof of Pension.
To apply online for a DOST Scholarship click the link below: