The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship program provides funding for the best postdoctoral applicants, nationally and internationally, who will contribute to the country’s economic, social, and research growth. The value of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship in Canada is70000$.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship in Canada Worth $ 70000
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship (PDF) program was created to attract and retain high-quality postdoctoral talent nationally and internationally, to develop their leadership potential, and place them as future research leaders, actively contributing to Canadian economic, social, and research-growth-based work-seeking research. With only 70 available each year, this partnership is highly regarded and highly competitive provided by the State Government. The Fellowship program is managed and distributed equitably between the three federal agencies in Canada:
• Canadian Health Research Centers (CIHR)
• Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
• Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
Oxford is an exciting and vibrant place to be. Oxford University has an international reputation for world-class research, teaching, and resources providing you with access to quality education. Combining this with a beautiful and historic city, the postgraduate experience at Oxford is another kind.
You Can Also Like
The Uniqueness of the Canadian Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program is distinguished from existing postdoctoral programs by emphasizing the interdependence between individual applicant qualifications and the ability to implement an effective research project, and the institutional commitment and research environment. to be an ambassador. Accordingly, the applicant’s application to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must be completed in full cooperation with the proposed hosting center.
- April – September 2022: Applicants seek accreditation at a hosted institution to apply, prepare and submit an application (institutions may have internal deadlines).
- September 21, 2022(20:00 EDT): Complete application deadline
- October to December 2022: Application evaluation
- Mid-February 2023: Expected announcement of results. Applicants will be notified by email once the results are available on ResearchNet.
April to October 2023 Payments begin
Details of Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship in Canada 2022-23
Hosting Country: Canada
Offered By: Government of Canada
Duration: 2 years
No. of Fellowships: 70
Worth: $ 70000 per year
The Banting postdoctoral fellowship program for national and international experts covers $ 70,000 annually for two years. Candidates for this award are directly nominated by the hosting center. The Banting Fellowship is very special in its emphasis on cooperation and coordination between postdoc scholars and the hosting center.
Benefits of Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023
1- $ 70,000 CAD will be paid annually
2-Experts will have the opportunity to work on their research program under the best Canadian managers.
3-Fellowships are given equally
How Applicants Are Considered
Interested applicants should complete an application for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program available at ResearchNet, in conjunction with the proposed hosting center. Without optional, Banting PDFs can ONLY be installed on a site that supports the actual application. In an effort to support researchers in expanding their research knowledge and exploring new challenges and opportunities, the Banting program strongly encourages candidates to pursue these fellowships in an institution where they are currently absent or previously excluded (e.g., current or previous Ph.D. student or postdoctoral specialist).
The institution is not provided with a share of the cooperative value. However, institutions are required to have a strategy for determining the number of accredited applicants, given the limited number of fellowships offered. The process of selection within institutions is complex. In order to provide guidance on the chances of success for those who may be successful, the following summarizes the qualifications of the latest Banting recipients at the University of Waterloo:
• The applicant holds numerous institutional awards;
• The applicant has a special record of the student’s instruction, usually with evidence of an emerging, self-defined program;
• The applicant is actively involved in public and educational activities, emphasizing research and dissemination of information;
• The applicant is within the top 2-5% of experts in their field of research;
• The proposed applicant study is in line with Waterloo’s priorities.
Eligibility Criteria of Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship 22-2023
1- Applicant must have completed a Ph.D., Ph.D. equivalent to a health degree within 15 SEP 2018 or 30 SEP 2022 or before the first date of the merger.
2- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada can only hold fellowships at a Canadian institution.
3- Applicants who are Canadians or permanent residents of Canada and who have a Ph.D. degree in an external institution will only qualify if they continue with their postdoc at a Canadian institution.
4- Only those eligible academics appointed by the hosting center
5- The prize is won only once in a lifetime
6- Applicants should contact the desired manager and verify the suitability of the Banting FellowshipCenter.
For detailed eligibility criteria, Click Here.
How to apply for a Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship in Canada 2022-23
- Applicants must apply through a ResearchNet account (ResearchNet is a web-based application tool and funding opportunity/decision database. It is used by the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program).
- The candidate must make a Vanier Banting Canadian Common CV (CCV) and upload an application for it on ResearchNet.
- Candidates must apply through their acting institution.
- CIHR PIN – A unique personal identification number is required to apply for this program.
- Each institution has its own deadline, so the applicant must apply before the international institution.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship 2022-23 Application Procedure
1-Application must be submitted in English or French language.
The application must include the following documents:
> Identification of the study area
> Identification of referees and participants
> Information on all research proposals and all supporting papers
2-Application documents must be prepared in accordance with the prescribed standards.
3-Complete all the application requirements otherwise, you will be awarded as unfit.
4-Before submitting an application the candidate must give permission.
Deadline for Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship in Canada 2022-23:
The deadline for Banting postdoctoral fellowship 2022-23 is 21 SEP 2022.