Australia Awards Scholarship
Australia Awards Scholarship The long-term scholarship program administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade. They aim to contribute to the development needs of Australia’s partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements. They provide opportunities for people from developing countries, especially those located in the Indo-Pacific region, to pursue full-time undergraduate or postgraduate studies at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
The study and research opportunities offered by the Australian Awards Scholarships develop individual skills and knowledge to drive change and contribute to the development of their countries.
The Australian Awards Scholarships are awarded the minimum time required to complete an academic program specified by an Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits usually apply:
- Full tuition fees
- Pre-course English (PCE) fees–if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training
- Establishment allowance–a once-only payment as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, textbooks, study materials
- Supplementary academic support may be available to ensure a scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience
- Contribution to living expenses (CLE) – a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department.
- Introductory academic program (IAP)–a compulsory program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on living and studying in Australia
- Overseas student health cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)–provided to cover the scholar’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
- Fieldwork (for research awards and masters by coursework that has a research component where fieldwork is compulsory) may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia
- Return air travel–payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route.
Australia Awards opening and closing dates for study commencing in 2023
Applications for the 2023 Intake open on 1 February 2022 and will close at 11:59 PM AEST on Friday 29 April 2022. All online applications must be submitted in OASIS, with all relevant documents attached, by midnight Australian Eastern Standard Time on 29 April 2022.
ASEAN (Brunei, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand)
Federated States of Micronesia
Papua New Guinea
How to apply for Australia Awards Scholarship?
Applications must be submitted online via the Online Australia Online Australia Scholarships Information System (OASIS) until 11.59 PM AEST on 29 April 2022. You will need to register and verify your eligibility before submitting your application. Applications and/or supporting documents received after the closing date will not be considered. Online Australia Scholarships Information System
The candidates who have applied for a previous intake round will already be registered in OASIS, and do not need to register again. If someone cannot remember his password, he will be able to reset his password by entering his email address, selecting Register New Account, and entering the answer to the ‘reminder question’. This will send a temporary password to the registered email address. Australia Awards Fellowships
If you cannot reset your password please send an email to email@example.com to request a password reset.